What is psychiatry?
Psychiatry is the medical specialty dedicated to the understanding, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of mental illness. Psychiatric disorders are the result of the association of land’s biological and/or genetic vulnerability and triggering factors: stress, disease, addictions. These disorders, which may be permanent or transient, affect 1 in 5 people each year, of children (child psychiatry) for the elderly (geriatric psychiatry).
When and how do I find a psychiatrist?
Mental suffering to legitimate seeking help from professional mental health. A psychological follow-up, insured depending on the condition and demand of the patient by a psychologist or a psychiatrist may be sufficient. It may be associated with the taking of medication known as “psychotropic drugs” (antidepressants, anxiolytic…) if the physician, general practitioner or a specialist, the judge helpful.
In the presence of behavioural disorders (disorders compulsive, agitation, aggression, withdrawal) and/or cognitive (memory problems, concentration) which affect the exchanges between a person and his environment, these are often the ones who react. According to the state of the patient, the consultation with a psychiatrist takes place in private practice, in psychiatric units of a hospital, in the structures of public mental health (EPSM, CSM, CMP, CMPP, etc.) and in emergency services, during a crisis. These can lead if need be evaluated by a doctor, a hospital, office or at the request of a third party (HDT). At Elsan is proposed teleconsultation in psychiatry, reimbursed by Social Security, thanks to our partnership with Doctoconsult for patients who require after delivery.
How Psychiatrist treat there Paitiant?
In parallel of the mental illnesses that are known (schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, autism.), the Psychiatrist supports :
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia),
- Personality disorders,
- Disorders-attention deficit,
- Sleep disorders,
- Neurocognitive disorders – related to dementia or to a stress/trauma
- Anxiety disorders (OCD, phobias)
- Addictions and the disorders related to the consumption of drugs and alcohol.
The support can combine psychotherapy (psychoanalysis, therapy brief, hypnosis, cognitive-behavioural therapy), workshops, therapeutic – day-hospital also, drugs or even more sophisticated techniques (neurostimulation).
List of Best Psychiatrist in India 2021
- Dr Parmanand Kulhara (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Brahm Kapur (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Madan Mohan Bhojak (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Savita Malhotra (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Seshadri Harihar (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Samir Parikh (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Aarthi radhika Inuganti (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Achal Bhagat (Psychiatrist)
- Dr C R Chandrashekar (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Anirban Dutt (Psychiatrist)
- Dr Ashok Alim Chandani (Psychiatrist)